• Vital Connections

     

  • Empowering

     

  • Thought provoking

     

  • Actionable

     

History

Throughout its more than 60-year history, Elster Perfection has been developing new product solutions that answer the needs of the gas industry.

Founded in 1944 in Cleveland, Ohio as a pipe nipple manufacturer, the company expanded into the water heater market in the 1950's. Through the development of several new products designed to extend the life of water heaters, Elster Perfection became and remains a major supplier to this industry.

Seeking new growth opportunities, Elster Perfection entered the natural gas market in 1972 with the introduction of the industry's first anodeless service line riser. In 1976, the company developed the Permasert® mechanical coupling for joining polyethylene piping systems, forever changing the face of gas distribution.

Recognizing the need for continuous improvement, Elster Perfection has consistently invested its resources in plant and equipment. Highlighting this commitment is our 107,000 sq. ft. manufacturing, warehousing, laboratory and office complex in Geneva, Ohio. This modern facility is dedicated to producing the company's gas products and features a state-of-the-art research and development laboratory to support the company's continuing new product introductions.

Most of our new product innovations and introductions are the result of joint development efforts with our customers. It is through these close relationships that we are truly able to understand the needs and requirements of the market. Our R&D laboratory in Geneva, Ohio is home to both new development projects and routine performance testing of internal and customer products. Our ability to simulate real world environmental conditions is key to our track record of safe operation and of bringing value to our utility customers.

Through all the years of changing products and markets, the core values that brought the company early success remains central to our mission today.